This post is going to be a bit of a chatty one. I was nominated for this award by my lovely friend Demilade of Coco-Bella Blog . Do check out her blog. She discusses everything from beauty to books. I really appreciate the nomination, Demss <3
Below are the rules of the award, so if you're nominated by the end of this post then you can use this as a guide for your post :)
Now on to the questions I was asked :
Why did you start blogging?
I actually began blogging, because I was inspired by the same person who nominated me for this award- lol coincidence, right? After reading her blog back in SS2 (year 11), I was inspired to create a virtual platform were I could share my thoughts on the books I read and my other findings. Although I'm not as consistent as I like to be, I'm definitely grateful for Demilade's influence.
Biggest lesson blogging has taught you?
1.Everyone's blog is different, don't compare yourself to them.
2. Success doesn't come overnight, it takes hard-work and consistency .
What are some principles you live by?
1.Don't shrink yourself to accommodate anyone's ego.
2.Put in a lot of effort into what you love and leave the rest to God.
What are some of your best self-care practices?
Being grateful in every situation, keeping track of my accomplishments, reading tons and tons of books, and treating myself to little presents.
A book you recommend everyone to read?
Hmm this is a tough one. Off the top, I'd recommend Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's such a reassuring read, in the sense that it shows that God loves us despite our horrible past and He is able to forgive and love us unconditionally. It's one of my favourite books of all time.
Your favourite comfort food and why?
This is another tough one, because i'm such a foodie. I'd have to say Milo cereal with aloooottttttt of milk (if you know you know lol), because one can never go wrong with Milo cereal. It never fails to turn my frown upside down **inserts mischievous emoji**
One thing you wish you could tell your younger self?
Stop comparing yourself to others. You are unique, fearfully and wonderfully made.
One thing you want to achieve before the year runs out?
Hit 10k views on my blog.
Dream holiday destination and why?
To spend my 21st birthday in Jerusalem, because I'd love to explore the same streets Jesus walked on, the synagogues He preached in, the Mount of Beatitudes where He preached His sermon in Matthew 6, swim in the dead sea and to have a personal feel of what Jesus saw during His years on earth.
What's your biggest pet peeve?
I have quite a long list loool, but I think it has to be when people send me corny romantic messages. Ughh I cringe every time I get messages like that.
What's your morning routine like?
When I wake up, I read my Bible, pray, take a shower, go through my skin-care routine, go through my social medias and get on with my day.
Thank you for reading and here are my questions and nominees:
1. Ezinne of The Bible Diary Bog
2. Motunrayo of Tales of My Youth
3. Phidelia of Phidelia Imiegha
4. Enny of Nemss Next Door
5. Sade of In My Sunday Best
6. Dami of Sugar Spice and Everything Christ
7. Anjola of The Bejewelled Bud
8. Mayowa of Mayowa Reads
9. Olivia of Livia With The Fro
10. Adeola of Christian & Chic
11. Fifi of The Kenyan Bibliophile
1. What type of books are you into?
2. If you were only allowed to read one book for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
3. What's your favourite quote?
4. Who is your favourite author and why?
5. Who is your fictional literary crush and why?
6. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
7. Have you ever felt like calling it quits on your blog and why?
8. Hard copy books or e-books?
9. What's one thing you regret doing?
10. What's one thing you think society has taken advantage of and why?
11. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
PS: Check out my favourite quotes page for new quotes xx